About the Company
Welthungerhilfe is a non-profit making, non-denominational, and politically independent organization founded in 1962. Welthungerhilfe has been in Liberia since 2003 with a focus on Agriculture/ Inclusive Food Systems and Nutrition, infrastructure to strengthen access to health care and linking farm to market, and WASH
About the Role
1) Excellent understanding of Welthungerhilfe and Donor Procurement Guidelines.
2) Enforce adherence to logistics and procurement procedures at all times accords Welthungerhilfe. 3) In liaison with the Senior Procurement Officer, supervise and build the capacity of the Procurement Team/programme staff and ensure effective service delivery.
4) In liaison with the Head of Logistics and Procurement, process high value procurements (national and international tenders), from procurement request through to contract, including use of Welthungerhilfe’s ‘eTender Portal’ in compliance with Welthungerhilfe and donor guidelines and policies
5) Ensure that the supplier database is updated regularly.
6) Review and approve procurement documents for compliance, up to national tender level.
7) Screen suppliers and service providers as required by Welthungerhilfe regulations.
8) Establishment and maintain ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers and when authorized, make decisions on contract extensions and cancelations.
9) In liaison with the Compliance and Assurance Officer, arbitrate claims and complaints occurred during implementation of contracts.
10) Ensure that technical specifications are sufficient and technical inspections are carried out by relevant experts, and that reports are drafted professionally
11) Ensure establishment for framework agreements where appropriate (e.g., office supplies, fuel, transport, etc.).
12) Ensure Procurement Team coordinates with Monrovia Transit warehouse on incoming and outgoing transport.
13) Ensure correct closure of procurement files according to WHH Procurement regulations for own procurements and those carried out by the Procurement Team.
14) Ensure due diligence is carried out (supplier references, site visits, historical data, anti-terrorism screening, etc.) for all selected and contracted supplies and service providers.
15) Support the Compliance Officer and Internal Audit as required and to continually strengthen the Country Office’s adherence to procedures.
16) Any other duty or task as delegated by the Head of Logistics and Procurement/Security.